6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2010 9:05 AM by frostbitte

Error: 0xe0010002 at Login

We have had McAfee Endpoint Encryption now on our computers for about a month or so and we are having issues with not being able to log on some of the computers and are getting the "Error: 0xe0010002" when trying to log in.

Usually, you can find someone who is able to log on the system or use the admin login and this gets us by, but right now I have a computer that has this error that we have not been able to get logged on using anyone's account. The solution we currently have is to "reimage the machine" but this is not an isolated incident and it would be nice if there is a way to be able to access the machine so we can get the users critical data off of the machine.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate hearing them.
        • 1. RE: Error: 0xe0010002 at Login
          it means the password is wrong.

if you don't have a good password for it - just do either a user recovery to reset the password, or a boot once recovery to get the machine to boot and sync.

I'm not sure why you would reimage it though - just use the recovery system.
          • 2. Error: 0xe0010002 at Login
            Our networking branch manages the McAfee Encryption and we have been told that if we need a user reset they will reset to "12345", but this only works if you can log on as someone else and run the synch twice first.

I was able to find out how to run a recovery using a Safetech boot CD (I found the ISO file during a search) putting in the 4 digit daily code I was able to get by calling the 877-330-2424 number. Then I had to get the machine configuration file for the machine from the networking branch and putting it on a USB drive booting it up with the Safetech CD.

I could then log in as the local administrator and get the users files off the CD.

If there is a much easier way of doing this we need to know. Thank you.
            • 3. RE: Error: 0xe0010002 at Login
              they are wrong.

they can reset the password simply by having you click the recover button and doing a code exchange. Takes 30seconds.
              • 4. I have really big problem with HP Drive encryption
                Hi

I have really big problem with HP Drive encryption preinstalled on my HP 2230s. I use this program from HP Protecttools. I enter the password. I create HpDriveEncryptionBackup too.after notebook restart, i wrote password, but it showing Error: 0xe0010002 and bellow text Authentication parameters incorrect.i used HpDriveEncryptionBackup.dat file, when i select local recovery in option and used recovery file.It took it but during starting Windows need password again. Im trying to use the password but always incorect. I should reinstall or format disc but bios is locked via protecttools too, that i cant change boot sequence.I CAN DO NOTHOING!!!!! What i can do? I have only recovery file and when i click on WEB recovery there is the number which i can send you. I cant understand why my password is incorrect but there have to be way reset password through recovery file.Its not possible that my notebook is definetly destroyed.

I sent many emails to HP or on protecttools@hp.com but no answer

I NEED HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE

best regart Milan Zubricky
                • 5. RE: I have really big problem with HP Drive encryption
                  unfortunately you are using a HP product, not a McAfee product.

you need to contact HP as they do support for their products, as we do for ours.

I am sorry, but we only support McAfee products here, and the product you have is different.

If you can boot it with your recovery key though, you should be able to then remove it from within HP ProtectTools, or at least add a new user with a password you do know.

you might also want to check that you're using the correct (matching) keyboard layouts in Windows and in HP pre-boot - they must be identical.
                  • 6. Re: Error: 0xe0010002 at Login

I had the same thing happen to one of my users. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. The night before, she had no problems logging in. Then the next morning, she got the same error. So I did do a user recovery and it works just fine. The only thing I can see from the logs was the previous night it looks like someone started a recovery but without the codes, they couldn't do anything.

I'm just wondering what could possibly cause this condition to occur?

Thanks,

Frostbitte