1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 4, 2007 5:39 AM by exbrit

Non U3?

Has anyone tested, or does anyone know for certain, if VirusScan USB can work on USB drives with 'Ceedo' or John Haller's 'PortableApps' suite?

Reason: I would like to have an antivirus app that I could load onto an Ironkey device, which would offer me secure encryption and antivirus for my critical business and personal information.

Thanks,
      Scotto27:confused:
        • 1. RE: Non U3?
          exbrit
          Scotto27,
          According to the VirusScan USB product page, System Requirements;

Your USB drive must use the U3™ platform. Please visit www.u3.com for more information about U3 smart drives.

If you are using Windows Vista™, a Vista-compatible U3 LaunchPad is required for your USB drive.

* Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Service Pack 4, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista 32-bit
          * Personal computer with Pentium-compatible processor 300 MHz or higher
          * 128 MB RAM
          * U3 USB smart drive with at least 25 MB free space (SanDisk® is McAfee’s preferred provider of U3 smart drives)

Note: To upgrade to the latest version of Internet Explorer, visit the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/

It is available for a 30-day free trial on that page, if you want to experiment.