This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
can you explain more about what you're doing? Like, do you have a USA keyboard, and what's in this file you're talking about?
Thanks for your response.. Here is what i do:
1. In my installation set, a select the British keyboard as the default KB and Language File Group along with my client file group.
2. While installing the Safeboot client, i detect the keyboard present on the computer.
3. I match the keyboard code with the ones available with Safeboot 4.2.
4. I create an INI file to modify the file groups for that particular machine entry in the DB.
5. RemoveExisting =No
-All the known keyboard types.
+the current keyboard setting present on the computer.
6. I issue a SBADMCL to update the file groups in that particular machine configuration.
My question is what is the significance of Language and KB file groups and why do we need this operation in 4.2 whereas, why not in 5.1?
with 4 you can only apply only one language group, in 5 you can apply any number of them.
Thanks!! but why do we need this file group at all?? I mean what is the significance of Keyboard settings?
Thanks again for your responses..
it's the keyboard driver - without it your keyboard will be USA English - if that's correct then you don't need a language set.
if your keyboard is French or UK English for example though, your password won't work anymore if it contains any letters which are not in the same places.
very well understood!
happy thank you so much!!
i bother again...
what could be the significance of adding Language and KB file group as a part of the Goups tab in the users group, say, a reginal administrators group.
My regional administrators group contains all the Language and KB groups as well... not able to understand why...
there's no way to add file groups to users - there's simply no interface to do that. You can only add file groups to machines.
its actually a user who has a list of groups he can administer.. and in that, i am surprised to see Language and KB groups... all of them... alongwith the other user groups and machine groups.. for instance, LANG:Italian Client & KB.....