This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
1. there is no product called SafeBoot ;-)
2. McAfee EEPC only updates the boot sector on activation, no other time.
3. You can't swap MBR's between drives unless they were exactly the same to start with
4. the orgiginal MBR is in the machine export, you can install it just by doing the "restore original MBR
5. the disk information is linked off the SBR, so if you've trashed that, you won't see it in SafeTech/WinTech
to recover, probably the best way is to:
a) restore the original MBR so you can get the partition info
b) check the key is correct by workspace decrypting the first and last sectors of the partition
c) force decrypt the partition if all above is good.