8 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2010 12:20 PM by cortez002

Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

mwilke
      I just setup the Apache version of the web helpdesk. I have a couple questions and hopeing someone can help me.

With the new Apache version of Web Helpdesk... do we still need to use the certificates that McAfee sends us?

If so, how do we go about importing them into this new Apache setup?

The way it stands now, we have the old fashioned Web Helpdesk where we had to create a new mmc and manually import the certs and all that good stuff.

When i setup the Apache version i didnt have to do any of that stuff.... so just curious how that gets handled.
        • 1. RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?
          mwilke
          Ok so here is what i am getting. The server i am installing this on is not joined to any domains so when it asks for domain and server info i am typing in "localhost"

I have also tried with IP and with actual NETBIOS name and get same results.

The page comes up, i click on the button to register my questions so that i can use the website to reset my own passwords and am greeted with this:

Resource could not be located

Enviroment variables
          SERVER_SOFTWARE
          Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i
          SERVER_NAME
          servername.company.com (i took out the name of the real company here for this post)
          GATEWAY_INTERFACE
          CGI/1.1
          SERVER_PROTOCOL
          HTTP/1.1
          SERVER_PORT
          REQUEST_METHOD
          GET
          PATH_INFO
          PATH_TRANSLATED
          SCRIPT_NAME
          /sb-cgi/SbCgi.cgi
          QUERY_STRING
          target=%5CSbWebRecovery%5CRegister&btnRegister=Register
          REMOTE_HOST
          REMOTE_ADDR
          100.100.100.100 (edited out the real ip for this post)
          AUTH_TYPE
          REMOTE_USER
          REMOTE_IDENT
          CONTENT_TYPE
          CONTENT_LENGTH
          HTTP_ACCEPT
          image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*
          HTTP_USER_AGENT
          Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
          Parsed query string
          btnRegister
          Register
          target
          \SbWebRecovery\Register
          • 2. Re: RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

I need to the same thing here....did it ever end up working for you?

• 3. Re: RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

Questions that I have.....

Will all this be supported by McAfee Support? Will I be able to get assistance at the Gold Support level for Apache implemtation? Is this like AutoDomain where I have to go through Google and forums like this to resolve? I do not see any of these options in the PDFs that McAfee provides with the product.

• 4. Re: RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

Didn't you get a one or two page document with Apache fix?

Did you try to contact Gold Support asking Apache fix related questions?

It is Support Level fix, not RTW.

on 2/1/10 10:13:17 PM EST
                • 5. Re: RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

Tier I told me today it is a development tool and would need to be escalated in order to even receive it. Got in touch with my POC at Tier 3 and he told me to run it up the ladder. From what I've heard and read its fairly easy to implement and stabler than the current version out there.

• 6. Re: RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

That is great news Carlos! Lets us know how it works out for you.

Kind of frustrating that you have to escalate with support to obtain a tool or feature that should be included with the software packages. Maybe this is the intention though. It would be best to let professional services handle the installation/configuration.

• 7. Re: RE: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

Totally agree with you. It will be a part of the whole package at some point....just don't understand the need to jump through hoops for it right now...keeping me busy though hehe

• 8. Re: Web Helpdesk APACHE version Questions?

Finally got a hold of a copy. Works great!