This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
are you talking about import machines from database "x" which is running on 4.2 to database "Y" which is running on 5.1.9?
As far as i know, copying machines from one database to another can not be done. If it can be done, it probably would be a pain to do it too. Probably better off removing MEE and then reinstalling with the new install set from 5.1.9
Now, if you are only wanting to know if you can UPGRADE a 4.2 machine to 5.1.9 then yes you can, but transfering a machine to a new database probably not such a good idea even if it there was a way.
We once did something like this:
* Server1 was running SafeBoot 4.2
* We wanted to upgrade to 5.x but wanted it on a different server (old one was a vmware and we were going to a hardware server)
* We setup the hardware server and took a backup copy of our 4.2 database and then installed MEE onto the new server. We took the backup copy of our 4.2 database and slapped that into the SBADMIN folder so that the new server was just like a backup server so to speak. New IP, new DNS name etc....
* We then manually edited the SDMCFG.INI file of each machine to point to the new server which already had the file sets created and all that stuff for the 5.x version we were upgrading too.
* Next time those machines did a sync, they were pointed to the new server and the client noticed there was an upgrade available and installed it. Now those clients are all running on the new version of the software on the new server .... but, they are still the same Database.
This can be done several different ways but this is the way we did it. For instance you can write a scritp that will change the ini file of each machine or you can push the new ini file down using the old server.... this is all fine and works great as long as they are the same database on both servers.
yes, I am talking about import machines from database "x" which is running on 4.2 to database "Y" which is running on 5.1.9
I made this question because I try to import an sdb file from database 4.2 to 5.1.9 and the import occurs successful but when I try to synchronize the machine appears a "0x5?????? unknown error" and I think that I forgot/missing some steps to do this operation.
no, you can't move machines between databases - it's not something that's supported unless they are cryptographic fragments of each other.
why do you want to do this though?