8 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2009 10:34 AM by trichter

e0030009 - Error creating Endpoint Encryption File System host file

Hi,

Havinga problem with re-encrypting a client PC. Have de-encrypted computer, uninstalled previous version of safeboot, deleted client from the console and am now trying to re-install the Endpoint Encryption Client, client goes on ok, but when performing the force sync am recieving the error - e0030009 - Error creating Endpoint Encryption File System host file.

Any ideas what could be the problem? Build 5600, Windows XP Pro SP2

Cheers

Alastair
        • 1. RE: e0030009 - Error creating Endpoint Encryption File System host file
          root dir of the boot drive is compressed?
          • 2. Update
            Hi,

No the root of the c drive is not compressed.

Any other ideas?
            • 3. RE: Update
              anti virus, or permissions? you need to be an admin and have full write access to the root of the boot drive to activate.

one thing to check is whether the local system account has the rights to write to C: If not you need to set the client manager service with a user/pwd for the service to work.
              • 4. Nope
                Hi the root of C is not compressed, the user logged in is Admin of the machine, and the AV is mcAffee.

I've had two machines through my door with this now and cant work out what the problem is. The machines took encryption orginally.
                • 5. Update
                  Mkay - this seems to be occurring on every laptop we're trying to encrypt now, which I still cant work out why its happening. Another symptom is that when a new machine is installed, duplicate names are appearing in the Client Install Machines group. This only seems to have started occurring in the last week, we've had no major problems prior to this. The only thing I can think of is that the SB service had stopped and was restarted last week at some point when I wasnt there. I have a suspision my well tended encryption garden is starting to get some weeds........:confused::mad::(
                  • 6. RE: Update
                    Elric, did you ever find a solution?
                    • 7. Yeah
                      Yeah, the solution was that I had two versions of the encryption client files packaged together. Removed one of them and redeployed the client files and the problem was fixed.
                      • 8. Re: Yeah

Elric1977 wrote:

Yeah, the solution was that I had two versions of the encryption client files packaged together. Removed one of them and redeployed the client files and the problem was fixed.

Can you clarify what you meant by "client files packaged together"?

And by Redeploy, did you need to De-crypt and reinstall?

THX

Message was edited by: trichter on 11/13/09 9:34 AM