3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2009 9:39 AM by geofc

Multiple Backup Files

I just started using Mcafee backup and have it set to do a full archive everyday at 5PM when I get done with my workday. I just noticed that it is keeping multiple copies of the backup file. So it is only the third day now and I have 3 identical copies, is this normal and how do you stop that. I would like it just to keep the last full archive file. :confused:
        • 1. RE: Multiple Backup Files
          BalaSGS
          Hi
          Please let know the version of McAfee program installed in the computer (Open the McAfee security center-> click on about in the left had bottom of the security center panel)?
          Try to update the Windows make sure all the patch /optional update installed
          You can run the MVT and post the Session ID {http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp} here let me review and we will update you…
          • 2. Me Too
            geofc
            My first backup file id is 150708_19-49-05F and it is the first of 34. I am set up to archive weekly but some weeks I've been away etc. so the total is a tad short of one a week. Like Michaelandis, I can't believe I need all of these and they are quickly using up space on my backup network drive. What can I remove and how? I'd hate to do some simple deletions of everything older, for example, than six months only to find that the whole system crumbles.
            • 3. Removing Old Backups
              geofc
              Well I eventually consulted the online chat and was told that yes I could delete old backup files. I wasn't very convinced as it took a long time to get my question across even though it seemed pretty simple to me.
              So I didn't immediately delete anything but moved a whole bunch of old files to a temporary folder. Happily it worked fine and I am going to delete them to give me more space on my network disk.
              If you want to delete old versions though, you should sort your Missing Files by date and check that you aren't going to lose something you might need. Obviously this refers to anything you may have originally deleted by mistake etc. and not to intentional maintenance. It can be more than a tad tedious but could be well worth while.