2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2007 10:48 PM by ivanb

Backup to NAS

Not sure if this question has already been asked but is it possible to back up to a NAS device.

It does not have a name however does have an address on the local network but does not show up as a backup location. Only devices with a name show up as choices.
        • 1. Backup to NAS
          Hi Ivan,

I am no expert, but have spent a couple of days trying to get this to work...

First of all you have to go through the Network Manager to allow the McAfee Suite to be able to see your NAS.

Then you can select the Drive from within Data Backup

BUT BEWARE...

The next problem I then had, & have not got any sensible answer on is

Once you have selected this drive, & Data Backup has accpted it, you cannot make any changes to the Settings in the General Tab

The only way around this second problem, is power down your NAS & reboot your PC, with the NAS offline. Only then will Data Backup allow you to change the Full & Quich Archive settings
          • 2. Backup to NAS
            Thanks very much DJSyrett

I checked the configuration of the NAS (Synology DS-101) and found it had a different network name than the one assigned to all the other computers in the network.

When I made it the same I was able to pick it and all of its folders in McAfee Backup.

A simple problem that I should have thought of first!

Regards