This content has been marked as final. Show 5 replies
Try the follwong steps
Please try this:
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from the link below:
Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.
And IF you are not able to download these tools on your machine, please use a friend or family member's computer and download the Malwarebytes tool and it's manual update from the link below.. Once downloaded, rename the program installer "mbam-setup.exe" file to something else like "Gogetum.exe", then copy the installer file and the update file to a CD or flash drive.. Transfer the file to the problem machine, then install the "Gogetum.exe" file, then run the update to get the program current.. After that, run a full system scan and delete anything it finds.
Malwarebytes Download Link (Clicking on the links below will immediately start the download dialogue window.)
Malwarebytes Manual Updater link
Thanks Luke, I have been fighting these viruses since July of 2008 :
Anti virus 2008 and 2009, lrqjer and brastik, Malware got rid of them and it's no longer showing in the start up button. Malware also found 20 infections aside from the ones I've been battling with since July of 08 No more pop ups. I spent 8 hours yesterday and 6 hours today to get rid of these viruses. Sorry I don't know where to put my thank you.
Thank you and God bless.
hileng7, glad it's fixed. As a precaution you might want to download Hijackthis and post a log on one of the following forums. They will check it out and tell you if your machine is clean.
It might be a good idea to make absolutely sure.
Do not post the log here, we can't help!
Post the logs at a specialist Forum:
BLEEPING COMPUTER FORUM
GEEKS TO GO FORUM
MAJOR GEEKS FORUM
MALWARE REMOVAL FORUM
SPYWARE INFO FORUM
TECH SUPPORT GUY FORUM
WHAT THE TECH FORUM (Formerly Tom Coyote)
Be sure to read all the sticky announcements/instructions at the top of each malware forum!
Also for the future you might want to keep a couple of free anti-spyware tools handy. Malwarebytes is one and SuperantiSpyware is a good one too: http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
Keep them updated.