1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 26, 2011 6:45 AM by Jon Scholten

McAfee-GW-Edition + VMProtect

I represent the company VMProtect Software and our clients have many problems with McAfee-GW-Edition. McAfee-GW-Edition have false positives on all files protected by VMProtect (for example: http://www.virustotal.com/ru/analisis/b28014587b9c7ef6f725c58ae24d41dc).
      Yesterday I sent e-mail (on virus_research@avertlabs.com) but till now has not received the answer from you. How much time will you solve this problem?
        • 1. Re: RE: McAfee-GW-Edition + VMProtect
          Jon Scholten

Hello drVano,

This thread looks to be a bit dated, but I hope this helps:

To submit false positives for McAfee GW edition you can use the following steps, which can be found in KB62662:

*  McAfee Gateway Anti-Malware (Secure Anti Malware) via email:
            1. Place the submission in a password-protected ZIP file, using the word "infected" as the password (without quotes).
            2. Email the submission to virus_research@avertlabs.com
            3. If you believe the submission is a false detection, put "Possible False" in the subject line of the email.
            4. After received, the sample will be validated for detection issues and whether it is a known clean file, a possible false detection, or a completely unknown file. A Sample that is a possible false detection or unknown file will be escalated for review and further processing.
            5. Once a submission status is confirmed, an email update will be sent to the submitter.

Best Regards,

Jon Scholten

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 26/03/11 7:45:00 EDT AM