4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2017 5:24 PM by Jon Scholten

MCP client not recognize all networks

elirana

Hello all,

we using MCP on all of our laptops to provide web filtering .

i am using the latest version of mcp (2.3.1.331)

in our SAAS policy i set it to always redirect .

now i have some problems in some random networks , sometimes it works fine , and in some it don't work.

it's on the same laptop, with same policy revision. the mcp indict : " no connectivity " and "no redirection"  and actual i can go to any site .

there is known problems with specified routers / wifi security that i don't know about them ?

Thanks.

attached print screen that demonstrate it .

• 1. Re: MCP client not recognize all networks
          Jon Scholten

Hi Elirana,

If you have MCP set to always redirect, then that means there are two potential problems. 1) The proxy is not reachable or 2) the captive portal check failed.

From the non-working network, try to telnet to the proxy on the proxy port, example:

telnet proxyaddress 9090

If the connection opens, then #1 is ruled out.

For the captive portal, make sure the MWG is allowing requests to http://mcp.webwasher.com/test/MCP.txt I'd suggest a global whitelist entry for that domain.

Best Regards,

Jon

• 2. Re: MCP client not recognize all networks
            elirana

Hi Jon , will try your recommendation and will come back to update .
            Thanks.

• 3. Re: MCP client not recognize all networks
              elirana

Hi Jon , i tried your solution ,

i failed in the 1st one, i tried to telnet the proxy address and it didn't response , when i tried to ping it , the dns resolve the address but no ping replay.

i also did whitelist   to *mcp.webwasher.com* .
              any ideas from here ?

again , it not happens in all network , but i got several times already ( different types of networks - public wifi / cellular / lan networks)
              Thank you.

• 4. Re: MCP client not recognize all networks
                Jon Scholten

Hi Elirana,

If the telnet failed, then thats the problem. The machine cant reach the proxy, so there is no way to perform redirection.

What is the proxy you have specified? I'm assuming its a Web Gateway Cloud Service address.

Perhaps the firewall in those networks are blocking the client-to-proxy communication.

WGCS proxy can be used on port 80 or 8080. Perhaps you're using 8080, and thats blocked, but if you used 80, its not blocked and would work.

Best Regards,

Jon