1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2017 2:14 PM by Peacekeeper

Analysis ID: 10395006 - Received automated email but no follow up response

truenorthgeo

Below is the original email I received when attempting to get a .exe whitelisted via the submission process at https://community.mcafee.com/thread/2016

Could I get some assistance on how to proceed from that point?

I appreciate the help and thanks for your time!

================================================================================ ======

McAfee Labs - Beaverton

Current Scan Engine Version:5900.7806

Current DAT Version:8611.0000

Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 10395006

File Name Findings Detection Type         Extra

--------------------|------------------------------|---------------------------- |------------|-----

1. zipandupload.exe |inconclusive | |            |no  

inconclusive [zipandupload.exe]

Automated analysis was not able to determine that this file is malware. This file is  

being sent for further processing and the DAT files will potentially be updated if    

detection of this sample is warranted.

Note –

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important that all        

submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password - infected). Some 

products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in this way. In  

addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been infected, to find     

later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was cleaned somewhere   

along the line.

Regards,                                                                               

McAfee Labs                                                                           

1 2 Previous Next