4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 11:11 AM by Jon Scholten

MCP - configure 2 servers

edenah91

Hi everyone ,

I have 2 MWG servers - one in DMZ environment and one in DMZ-DR environment .

The idea is that corporate laptops will get internet access only via the DMZ proxy server  - that is the reason we are installing Mcafe Client Proxy on laptops.

However , when configuring the MCP to work with the MWG - I can only upload Customer ID XML File .

is there an option to configure another mwg server in mcp ?

Thanks,

Eden 

• 1. Re: MCP - configure 2 servers
          kbolt

Hello. How about creating an MCP policy with multiple Proxy Server Addresses and using the "connect to the Proxy Server which has the fastest response time" option?

Or perhaps even better, if you know exactly which computers are to go via DMZ proxy server, create a policy specifically for them pushing their traffic to DMZ proxy.

• 2. Re: MCP - configure 2 servers
            edenah91

Hi,

The problem is that I can only configure one Customer Identifier in the policy, so how will it work if the proxy that generated the Customer Identifier file is not available ?

Thanks ,

Eden

• 3. Re: MCP - configure 2 servers
              kbolt

Oh, I see. I actually had this same problem, I believe. In the end I made sure that my unique customer ID and shared password were the same for each of my MWG instances. That way they generate the same Customer ID XML so any MCP redirected traffic would be fine, regardless of which instance was hit. It works fine for me.

• 4. Re: MCP - configure 2 servers
                Jon Scholten

Kbolt is right here, you'll want to make sure that all MWGs have the same customerID/secret.

This is how McAfee does it with the Cloud as well -- all share the same key for a consistent user experience.