0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 5, 2017 2:03 PM by balbaroy

Windows Firewall Settings not being managed by McAfee Host Intrusion Protection

balbaroy

We are testing server 2016, I installed McAfee Agent 5.05 and then pushed HIPS 8.0.0.4210 and HIPS Hotfix 1188590. After rebooting the server, and going into control panel -> windows firewall I don't see the message "These settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention Firewall" It also appears that both firewall applications are running at the same time. Example, it processes the rule set in Windows Firewall, then McAfee Firewall processes the traffic. Installing these same packages on Windows 10 I do see this message. Is the normal behavior for Server 2016? I can't seem to find any information on this.

Just as a test on another 2016 test server I installed Symantec Endpoint Protection, and after looking in the firewall setting it did show the Symantec was managing the firewall settings. I can't figure out why McAfee is not taking over the firewall settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.