3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2017 12:10 PM by Moe Hassan

How do I uninstall endpoint without a password?

toricmedia

Hi, so I know questions like this get asked all the time, as I've done quite a bit of research on the net, but I still haven't found an answer that suits my situation.

I recently converted my physical PC to a virtual machine, so the VM has another instance of endpoint, with the same account obviously - I need this VM to be threat prevention free, as I have some software that is erroneously detected as a trojan.

There doesn't seem to be any way of uninstalling it, as it asks for a password and, as I'm not the domain administrator, don't have one.

The person who would be able to give me the password is on vacation, so I'm stuck and unable to use my VM, as my files would be quarantined and deleted as soon as I copied them over.

I have read about some tool from Mcafee that will do it, but I obviously don't have a business account, so I have no way of asking anyone. I managed to remove Agent by using frminst.exe /forceuninstall and MVSUninst.exe didn't seem to do anything to the remaining files.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.