We are unable to upgrade to ePO 5.3.2 onto a new server box and move from the old ePO 4.6.9 server box to new 5.3.2 server box, so we have to do this on the same server box as the existing ePO 4.6.9.
This may not be the best way to upgrade ePO 4.6.9 to 5.3.2 on the same server box, but is was felt this would allow us to set up the new 5.3.2 ePO and configure it based on lessons learned from existing 4.6.9 ePO installations.
Generally the process has been:
1. Export policies, queries, reports etc from ePO 4.6.9
2. Export old ePO 4.6.9 Security Keys.
3. Uninstall existing McAfee ePO 4.6.9 and remove 4.6.9 ePO database
4. Upgrade SQL express from 2008 to 2012 SP3
5. Fresh install McAfee ePO 5.3.2
6. Check in same versions of agent 126.96.36.1995 and VSE 8.8.0,1804 patch 9 that was running on 4.6.9 ePO
7. Set up system tree
8. Import policies, tags and tasks and assign them to system tree.
6. Import ePO 4.6.9 security keys and make these the master keys.
New ePO 5.3.2 is now up and running no apparent ePO issues.
Problem: existing endpoint agents are not communicating back to the ePo server.
So using the same ePO server name and server IP. and importing previous ePO 4.6.9 Security keys and making them master, the end point agents are not communicating back to ePO 5.3.2 server. Have we missed anything?
Obviously a deployment of the new agent package is one answer, but we did hope the agents would just start communicating back to the new 5.3.2 ePO
We have other ePO servers to upgrade in a similar manner so it would be good to know where we are going wrong. BTW a move to 5.9 is not on the agenda yet.
Thanks in advance