1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2017 10:09 PM by sanjay

Monitor doesn't work after install

nth1979

Hello,

I'm sorry to bother you, but was hoping you could help me out. I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad 110 as well as Mcafee antivirus. When I got home with the laptop, I hooked it up to my LG monitor and it worked fine. Then, I installed the Mcafee antivirus and now the monitor goes straight into sleep mode when I turn on the laptop. I've tried different cables from the laptop to monitor, but it still doesn't work. I called Mcafee and they couldn't really help me. Is it possible the antivirus is keeping the laptop from sending the signal to the other monitor? Sorry to bother you with this question, but I'm not sure what else to do. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Monitor doesn't work after install
          sanjay

@nth1979

Antivirus usually would not stop the laptop from sending signal to external monitor. There would usually be a key combination on the laptop keyboard that needs to be used to toggle the video between the internal display and external monitor/projector etc. Check the laptop keyboard to identify the key combination.

Eg: Fn + F10

You may also seek assistance from Lenovo support, if it did not help.

Cheers

Sanjay