0 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2017 3:28 PM by george.perkins

mcafee endpoint security 10.5 scan of a NAS best practice

george.perkins

What is the best practice to scan a NAS for malware? The NAS does not have a configurable OS where I can load an AV tool.

I have already read https://community.mcafee.com/thread/70968?start=0&tstart=0 (Command Line Scanning, McAfee CLS, Batch ) which describes a method to call VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) via command line. Is there an equivalent way to call Endpoint Security (ENS)? I am thinking I could write a script that I schedule using Windows Task Scheduler and use a dedicated computer to perform this task unattended using a service account.

Or, more specifically, I would like to schedule scans of a network share (I am scanning a NAS) on a continuous basis. When we reach the end of the volume, I want ENS to start over at the beginning. Ideally I'd like ENS to perform the scan using multiple threads and continuously utilize the newest/latest .DAT malware signature files as they are automatically updated. (In other words, a long-running scan should occasionally be interrupted to load new signatures and resume scanning).

Thank you.