2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2017 5:25 AM by Daniel_S

Update to ePO 5.3.3 problem with duplicate agents

Daniel_S

Hey guys,

I tried to update my ePO from 5.3.2 to 5.3.3 last friday.

Yesterday i found my systemtree populated with triple the size in systems than on friday.

Some systems are duplicated twice, some like 4-5 times and some not at all.

They were sorted into different subtrees and as such got different policies and tasks assigned which resulted in a total mess.

I reverted back to the snapshot before the update.

Now I only have a few systems reporting in twice, each time with and rotating information. It all seems to relate to the ad-sync-tasks which somehow seem to be the reason for this faulty beahavior.

Let´s take system a which as description has a. It´s there twice, one time with full info and one time just the name.

So i delete both of them, and run a fresh ad-sync -> one system appears.

After the agent communicates with the epo I have two systems. After deleting them and redo the sync all of a sudden system a has description b from a completey other system out of my infrastructure.

On most of my systems doing a fresh reinstall of the agent seems to fix the problem.

Has anyone here experienced something similar?

Any tips here on how to figure this out?

I ran the preinstallation tool and all was fine but the rsa2048bit check. After reverting back to the snapshot from before the update I would have expected that everything would opperate normal as before.

Best regards

Dan