6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2017 12:51 AM by Peacekeeper

How to stop McAfee from Quarauntining something it THINKS is a virus/infected?

crimsonadri

The file is RPG Maker MV ( Which I just bought for $80, I had been using the trial version no problem and tons of other people use the program. It is not a virus and if I can't figure this out then I'M out $80.) 

It keeps being quarantined and every time I restore it McAfee just puts it right back into quarantine.

I'm getting super frustrated cause I've been trying to fix this for about an hour by searching online and got nothing but a thread that didn't work.

Please someone help because I don't know what else to do, every time I restore the file it gets quarantined again and I'm trying to figure this out but I just can't...

I can run the program for like a minute but then it closes and I get a stupid little pop up from McAfee saying it saved my computer or something then this is what I see in quarantine (Picture) or something similar to that OR the actual "RPGMV" file.

example of it being stupid.png

And no one dare tell me to look at this thread: What To Do When McAfee Detects Software As An Infection - How to Submit To McAfee Labs & Appeal  Because IT DOESN'T WORK. It's way too complicated for me right now because I apparently can't put a file in a zip folder the right way. I keep getting this back: "550: Denied by Policy"