8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2017 11:35 AM by branyster

Move AntiVirus Deployment

branyster

Hello Intelligent People !

Since I cannot find any documentation on deploying MOVE 4.6.0 in a Xenserver environment I am looking for some pointers. I have upgraded from ePO 5.1.3 due to it being EOL to ePO 5.9.

I had to upgrade :-   MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Client 3.5.0,  MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] License Extention 3.5.0,  MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Offload Scan 3.5.0,  MOVESVAMANAGER  3.5.0

to MOVE AV  version 4.6.0

The Xenserver environment have VDI clients, OSS, LogFas and ePO server to name a few.

My questions are:

do I deploy MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] SVM to the old OSS Server ?

do I deploy MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] SVM Manager to the old OSS server ?

do I deploy MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Client to the VDI clients ?

Looking at the VDI clients they don't appear to have any McAfee Agents on them.

do I need to create / amend any Policies for all this ?

Please can someone help.

Thanks, Nick

• 1. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
          Moe Hassan

hi there, SVM manager is an appliance. you do not need to deploy move mp to vdi clients. what you should do is have it in the parent vdi image. consider using agentless MOVE for VDI. McAfee agent must also be installed in /vdi mode. in terms of policies, yes. you can start with McAfee default group and customize .

• 2. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
            branyster

Thanks Moe Hassan, Which product is agentless MOVE AV for VDI ?

MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Client ?  or  MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] SVM ?

How do I install the agent in vdi mode ?

How do I deploy MOVE SVM Manager to the parent VDI image ?

If someone could help me to get all this deployed, I'd gladly pay for their consultancy.

Many Thanks

• 3. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
              branyster

Remember I am in a XenServer environment and I upgraded from MOVE  AV [Multi-platform] 3.5.0 to 4.6.0

• 4. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
                Moe Hassan

Hi Nick,

Given that you are in Citrix XEN environment, Multi-platform may be more appropriate in your case.

Which product is agentless MOVE AV for VDI ? > you can use either version (MOVE Agentless or Multi-Platform). It is really up to you. MP version gives you a little more visibility, more management and reporting capability whereas AL version is somewhat less visible yet provides same protection. AL version does require some input from your virtualization team. AL works on host level, MP works over network. Basically MP will send files over network for scanning. So it will generate some network traffic. It is minimal, so there shouldn't be adverse effect. AL keeps it local to the esxi host. Here's the McAfee MOVE site. Please ping your McAfee sales agent/account manager if you need further information, especially about licensing. You can also ask them about engaging professional services who will ***** your environment, implement MOVE for you.. For documentation and product guides, you can visit - McAfee Support.

MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] Client ?  or  MOVE AV [Multi-Platform] SVM ? > You need both. The MP clients are installed on client systems / servers. SVM manager is a load balancer basically. You will need to create and dedicate few systems known as OSS, or scanning servers. clients will send files over to these scanning servers. SVM will dictate which OSS gets what files..

How do I install the agent in vdi mode ? > INstall using "/vdi" switch. Please see this KB. McAfee Corporate KB - McAfee Agent provisioning and deployment on VDI systems KB87654

How do I deploy MOVE SVM Manager to the parent VDI image ? > You don't. After checking in proper extensions on ePO, you will upload it.

If your resources permit or you are entitled to professional services hours, I would recommend exploring that option. engaging them could be beneficial since XEN documentation is minimal.

• 5. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
                  branyster

I have managed to deploy McAfee agent and MOVE AV MP Client 4.6.0 to the VDI master Image machine. But I did no use /vdi switch. Does this go in the command line section in Product Deployment ?

Do I need to Deploy MOVE AV MP SVM 4.6.0 onto the same VDI master image machine also ?  Please advise.  Thank You

• 6. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
                    Moe Hassan

Nick, yes. You only need to use the /vdi switch on master image since vdi windows sessions are disposable. if you don't use /vdi switch, you will end up with too many systems that no longer exists. using the /vdi switch tells ePO to categorize differently.

• 7. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
                      branyster

So.. Do I need to Deploy MOVE AV MP SVM 4.6.0 onto the same VDI master image machine ?

When I deploy MOVE AV MP Client 4.6.0 and MOVE AV MP SVM 4.6.0 do they also need the "/vdi" switch ?

• 8. Re: Move AntiVirus Deployment
                        branyster

Hello Moe Hassan,

Do I need to do any configuration in the Automation for MOVE AntiVirus Deployment  MultiPlatform section ?