1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 14, 2017 10:55 AM by Moe Hassan

I want to implement a policy in Mcafee EPO that allows certain websites to be accessible to certain people in my organization.

thahir

I want to implement a policy in Mcafee EPO that allows certain websites to be accessible to certain people in my organization. Let say I don't want my IT team to access any social networking websites. But I want my marketing team to access all the social networking sites. I cannot use my firewall as it is a open source firewall known as PF sense and it is very unreliable. I am open to new suggestion also

• 1. Re: I want to implement a policy in Mcafee EPO that allows certain websites to be accessible to certain people in my organization.
          Moe Hassan

thahir, Welcome to McAfee community.

Are you using McAfee Site Advisor? If your resources permit, please look in to our McAfee Web Gateway | McAfee Products . It is more robust web proxy.

Now, if you want to use SiteAdvisor, you certainly can. In order for that to work, I hope your system tree is well organized. But you can also create "tags" as well. The most important thing is that you have to create custom Site Advisor policy. You want to create "Prohibit List" policy for Site Advisor. This is where you define the action. Once you've crafted your policy, you then need to assign to appropriate groups/departments. If all marketing or IT teams are already in separate folders in system tree, you can assign the policy on folder level. The other alternative is "tagging" the systems as needed, then attach the policy to systems with that tag. Look in to ePO menu | Policy | Policy Assignment Rules.