Hi McAfee Community,
I found some problem when my ePO update repository and deploy HIPS security content 188.8.131.5227 to user's laptop.
(No report until 15 Aug 2017 While Security Content 184.108.40.20627 release on 14 Aug 2017)
Some of user, their icon is missing from desktop but taskbar still exist and user's can access file from C:\Users\<username>\Desktop .
I'm not sure why but if I disabled Host IPS and restart explorer.exe, the icon showing up
So my Workaround result is:
- Disable Host IPS - Fix
- Upgrade HIPS and VSE to Patch 9 - Not Fix
- Re-Install HIPS with current Security content 220.127.116.1127 - Not Fix
- Re-Install HIPS with previous Security content 18.104.22.16850 - Fix
- Exclude Application Protection Rule in (HIPS - IPS Rule) - Fix
- ePO 5.3.2 build 156
- McAfee Agent 22.214.171.124
- McAfee HIPS Patch 7 - with Hotfix 1153407
- McAfee VSE Patch 7 (126.96.36.1998)
- DLP 188.8.131.52
- Drive Encryption 184.108.40.2066
- SiteAdvisor 3.50.1364
Today I just excluded explorer.exe from application protection rule - for affected user but I need to find the root cause and solution of this issue.