Have you found any resolution to this?
If not, I would like to help.
Could you please provide some contact information?
I discovered that 1 deployment package our staff was using, in the batch file itself, there was a syntax error on one of the lines (it was a comment line that didn't start with 'REM'), which generated the RealProtect detection. Once I had them correct the syntax, the particular package was no longer detected. I'm not really sure how a syntax error comes into play with Realprotect-- it must be performing debugging duty, line-by-line in scripts? virken, you need to follow me in order for me to private message you. It's possible that poor scripting is the cause, but I need to get more samples from my internal deployment team(s) before I can proceed with any type of McAfee support.
Hi - consider yourself "followed" ;-)
Great that you may have discovered the issue.
If this does not pan out, and you can provide some more samples and info, please do - we'd of course be glad to help debug the situation.
Hi - just wanted to follow up on this - and either way - we'd be glad to take a look at the samples to understand how this event was triggered.
I sent you a private message with details. Thanks.
Thanks very much for the samples - I've forwarded them on to the RP team for analysis.
I submitted yet another false positive. You can view details in service request #4-17950335961. This is getting tiresome.
Hi - I checked in with the team and they indicated that your file was white-listed within an hour of submission.
They also noted that if you were to submit any files via Support, then it would get escalated directly to the Real Protect team and prioritized as a Customer Escalation.
Yeah, decided to try submitting the application via GetClean right after I opened the ticket. Surprisingly I got GetClean results whitelisted almost immediately. I've had to wait days for that before.