1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2017 1:31 PM by cpromen

Windows 10 1511 in place upgrade to 1703 with MDE 7.2.1

cpromen

I have followed KB89000 McAfee Corporate KB - How to upgrade the operating system to Windows 10 Creators Update with Drive Encryption 7.2.1 or l… and tried both options under upgrading via a Windows 10 ISO. The upgrade seems to install fine, but after the first reboot I am faced with the recovery screen and forced to Turn off my PC so it can rollback.  The error code after reboot is the generic 0xC1900101 - 0X20017 - The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation.  The upgrade will succeed if MDE is uninstalled, but that is not feasible. Anyone had luck with an in place upgrade on a machine running 7.2.1?

• 1. Re: Windows 10 1511 in place upgrade to 1703 with MDE 7.2.1
          cpromen

Just an update on this.  I was able to prove that the upgrade was actually happening, but after the first reboot the system was rolling back and not booting into the new OS. 

McAfee Support provided me with 3 additional files to add to the OSUpgrade folder located at C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption\OSupgrade.  With the addition of these 3 files the upgrade succeeded.  I am waiting to hear back from support on whether or not they will be releasing a patch to DE 7.2.1 that will include these 3 files.