2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 12:36 PM by Jon Scholten

MWG & MS Office files

lepa

Can MWG get MS Office file (document) properties (for example - if document contains scripts) ?

• 1. Re: MWG & MS Office files
          johnaldridge

I just did a quick property search and didn't find anything of the sort. 

But, I like the idea of being able to get meta-properties of that sort while downloading documents in general.  But, it seems to me that would require new features involving the opener and the scanning engine.

• 2. Re: MWG & MS Office files
            Jon Scholten

Hi Lepa and John,

The MWG has a generic opener, than opens all sorts of files (documents, zip files, web content, etc...). If MWG opens a file (like a word doc) it creates embedded cycles. In those embedded cycles we can check for these traits.

Here's a pseudo rule that would do what you're asking. Note: we dont know if there is script in the file until we open it or scan the embedded objects. Additionally with Macro's it can be a bit sensitive.

If(Cycle.Name == response)

{

User-Defined.MediaType.EnsuredType.FromResponse = MediaType.EnsuredType

}

If(User-Defined.MediaType.EnsuredType.FromResponse == word doc)

{

If(Cycle.Name == Embedded AND MediaType.EnsuredType == script or macros)

{   

BLOCK

}

}