1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2017 1:25 AM by Peacekeeper

McAfee files left in C:/Program Files/Common Files

demon311

After uninstalling McAfee I realized that there are some files left in Common Files folder. I have already used the MCPR tool, it removed some files but not all of them. When I tried to delete them, it said that I need permission from Administrator, but I am admin. Take ownership didn't work. So anyone have any ideas to removed those files completely? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: McAfee files left in C:/Program Files/Common Files
          Peacekeeper

Try rerunning the mcpr tool I assume you have rebooted after it was run? Sometimes a second run clears up the missed files. that said this was a new mcpr download I assume if not download a new copy.

http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp

Step 2: Download and run the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR)

You should only use the MCPR tool if the Windows removal methods shown above do not work.

IMPORTANT:

• Always download a new copy of MCPR before each use. 
            This ensures that you have the latest version, and that newer McAfee products can be successfully recognized.
          • MCPR will clean up only the components needed for reinstallation. It is not designed to clean up 100% of components.
          • Completing this step will require a restart.