1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2017 3:22 AM by frustratedcustomerwithmcafee2017

Finally had enough

mikestone

I have been a loyal McAfee User of Total Protection for a long time but finally have had enough of their taking over my PC in a totally arbitrary manner.

The final straw is not being able to turn off the Vulnerability Scan.

The whole situation of not being able to choose a Custom Install or at least being able to Turn Off an element of it is totally un acceptable to me and I gather many others.

Until they treat us as Adults and return our Rights to select what we want to run on OUR MACHINES I for one want nothing more to do with McAfee.

GOODBYE

• 1. Re: Finally had enough
          Peacekeeper

I will pass this onto the techs at our call tomorrow I agree one should have the custom install back. Will stir for you. Ok added this to our agenda should at least have VS as a feature like they do with parental controls or anti spam.

• 2. Re: Finally had enough
            exbrit

I don't understand...I can turn mine off as always and I have the latest version (blue-white UI).

(Don't forget to click Apply.  If this window doesn't open, then try rebooting your system as sometimes that happens after an update, you need to completely restart the system).

Capture.JPG

• 3. Re: Finally had enough
              Peacekeeper

What we have been told is try to install late at night say 11pm that should give you the old installer and the old Interface as throttling would have used up the day's new installs allowance. Interesting option. I have asked that the request of yours be passed up the line. What Peter is wondering I assume is if you do not click any default scan or scheduled scan options in VS and select "do not set a scheduled scan" option does it still scan or not.

PS Which interface were you on blue or green?

• 4. Re: Finally had enough
                exbrit

Just included an image above which I forgot to include.

• 5. Re: Finally had enough
                  catdaddy

Actually I was able to do a Custom Install, and capable of excluding the Vulnerability Scanner.

I am running McAfee LiveSafe 16.1.160 (Blue) UI.

Capture.PNG

• 6. Re: Finally had enough
                    Korgman

I wonder if maybe Mike didn't scroll down to see the no schedule option? On the VS topic, recently I noticed my SC (Green) switched back to McAfee schedule by itself. I changed it back to no and it has stuck since then. Weird.

• 7. Re: Finally had enough
                      doray51@netscape.net

I agree!  I upgraded to Total Protection and have carefully followed every direction, error msg, and "try this" note! NOTHING!!!!!!!!!  So take your ****(Edited by Moderator) av apps and put them where the sun don't shine,  I'd ask for a refund but it would probably be as mucch trouble without results as trying to install!!!!

• 8. Re: Finally had enough
                        Peacekeeper

Did you call support they would be able to help you install if not they can escalate the issue to a higher level tech, Are you having a problem installing? Is this an upgrade from another Mcafee product so if so did you uninstall  via windows Programs and features and reboot then run MCPR the removal tool and reboot before installing the new product?

After MCPR try

Download and run the Pre-Install tool and the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool:

• Pre-Install tool
                          1. Download the following file and save it to your desktop: Pre-InstallTool.
                          2. Double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file, and follow the prompts.
                          3. Read the warning message and click OK to agree to the changes.
                          4. After the Preinstall Tool completes, click OK, click Close, and restart your computer.

When your computer restarts, wait a short while longer (approximately 15-30 minutes) then try to download and install your McAfee product again.

Support

Uninstall McAfee software

• 9. Re: Finally had enough
                          Peacekeeper

That said you can request a refund within a certain period by calling customer service. Links on the support link I posted. If past 30 days after purchase not that easy if at all possible to refund.

1 2 Previous Next