1 2 Previous Next 12 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 12:51 AM by Peacekeeper

Product executable is reported suspicious by Getsusp

mikezhu1205

Hello,

One of our customer used Getsups to scan their laptop and reported that product executable file is suspicious, and need get McAfee's official confirmation that this is a false positive report. Can you help on this here?

Product: McAfee GetSups 3.0.0.373

Description of issue: This application has been developed as an plug-in running in Customer’s window system and run for a long time by lots of customer, while recently a customer uses McAfee GetSups to scan window system where Avamar clients are installed, then GetSups reports as below.

C:\Program Files\avs\bin\WinClusterSvc.exe ... is Suspicious !!!

I can recreate this in our lab with GetSups, while we believe this should be a false positive reports, can you please check from your side why this was flagged as suspicious? I tried to use McAfee VirusScan Enterprise to scan this file, which is not flagged as suspicious at all. Meanwhile I tried to use other security tools like Avast free to check, no suspicious reported at all.

More details please refer to the enclosed logs and sample files. Appreciate with your quick response,thanks.

1 2 Previous Next