5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 5:34 PM by jking

How do you Set Compliance, and how do you tell what it's not compliant?

*Title: "and how do you tell why it's not compliant**

Hello,

Please excuse as I'm new to Epo.

Can someone tell me how you set the compliance level.

I have a computer showing up as 'Non-Compliant' on the dashboard so made me wonder how you set your compliance level.

Also, when a computer does show up as Non-Compliant, is there anything that will indicate why it thinks it is non-compliant.

Thanks in advance,

anthonyrsc

test

Message was edited by: April Jacobs for testing on 11/10/09 1:06 PM
        • 1. RE: How do you Set Compliance, and how do you tell what it's not compliant?
          woodsjw
          What version of ePO are you running?
          • 2. Sorry, Version 4.0.0
            Sorry, Version 4.0.0
            • 3. RE: Sorry, Version 4.0.0
              woodsjw
              Take note of the query name that's populating the compliance graph on the dashboard. It should be the title of the graph. Then go to the 'Reporting' section of the console and find the query in the query list. Highlight the query and click 'Edit'.

Once it opens it should be set to 'Boolean Pie Chart' in the column to the left. If you look right below the graph you should see a button that says 'Configure Criteria'. That's where you set compliance criteria.

When you're done setting criteria, make sure that the 'Columns' section of the query includes a column for whatever data point(s) you've selected for compliance. So if you're using McAfee Agent version as part of compliance, make sure that 'Product Version (Agent)' is included in the columns displayed by the query. If you're using DAT version for compliance make sure the column for 'DAT Version (VirusScan Enterprise) is included etc...

That way when you click on a non-compliant system from within the compliance graph it will show you all the data specific to the compliance requirements that you set. It should make it easier to see why it's been marked non-compliant.

It's more difficult to explain than it is to execute. Does this make sense to you?
              • 4. Perfect Sense
                Makes perfect sense - I wouldn't have thought to look there.

Thanks V.Much for your help and time,

anthonyrsc
                • 5. Re: How do you Set Compliance, and how do you tell what it's not compliant?
                  jking

You can go in at any point, configure a boolean pie chart with compliance for anything in the system, then go to server tasks and create a server task to generate compliance events based on the chart you created, and then create *other* charts showing compliance over time, etc based on your compliance query.

It's a little odd in that it refers to the query-by-name so if you change your definition of compliance, we can't go back and recompute history, but I don't think that's a feature that many people take advantage of ...

Jon