5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2017 12:04 PM by mmcdonald

McAfee Agent on Oracle Linux 7.2

mmcdonald

I have a Oracle 7.2 Linux box that I have installed the McAfee Agent on manually and I cannot get it to communicate with the ePO server.  Port 80 was opened on the Linux server firewall, so I am told, but still not talking.  I have installed it before and it worked fine on other machines.  I can ping from the ePO server both using the Linux server's IP and DNS Name.  Not sure where to go from here..

• 1. Re: McAfee Agent on Oracle Linux 7.2
          Hayton

Moved to Business --> Endpoint Security --> Mac & Linux Products for attention

• 2. Re: McAfee Agent on Oracle Linux 7.2
            aarmstro

The ports required for agent comms are configured in ePO - Server Settings - Ports

Comm errors would be in logs - log dirs differ depending on agent version

4.8.3 - would be min req if you intend installing VSEL 2.0.3 - Agent logs are in  /opt/McAfee/cma/scratch/etc/   main log is called "log"

5.0.3  - would be min req if you intend installing ENSL 10.2.0 and then its Patch 1  - logs are in /var/McAfee/agent/logs  - main log is masvc_<machinename>.log  

Before introducing other products to the system though - please make sure the agent is talking to ePO  - this handles updating and scheduled tasks for installed products so if this is not working then update e.g. for VSEL/ENSL won't work.

• 3. Re: McAfee Agent on Oracle Linux 7.2
              mmcdonald

The problem I am having is that the agent on the Linux server is not talking to ePO.  I have made sure that the firewall on the Linux server has the ports open listed in ePO.  I know the agent uses port 80 and it is open in and outbound.  The agent service is running on the Linux service and I have verified this.  I have not installed anything else on the machine because I cannot seem to get the agent talking to ePO.

• 4. Re: McAfee Agent on Oracle Linux 7.2
                aarmstro

What version number is it??

Did you use the install.sh downloaded from ePO and then install manually??

• 5. Re: McAfee Agent on Oracle Linux 7.2
                  mmcdonald

It is version 5.0.2 and I installed it on Oracle Linux 7.2 Server

I did use the install.sh downloaded form ePO and installed manually.