Have the same issue. In my case the rules stopped working.
Encounter same issue in version 10 and 11, find no clue.
Well, thank you for your feedback.
I opened up a case at McAfee one week ago. Case is still in investigation.
- When Chrome Browser is started, two chrome.exe processes are in memory, but chrome is not visible. One of these processes has to be killed, to run chrome.
- We had this issue till DLP 10.0.200.16
- Only DLP 10.0.223POC resolved the issue on *all* computers
- Now with the new DLP, we have the same issue again
Also, all DLP versions before 10.0.223POC could not handle iDevices properly - or let's say: They could not be handled/blocked.
10.0.223POC worked fine, 11.x isn't usable for now.
Hopefully McAfee may fix this fast. This is a desaster in large environments.
When Chrome Browser is started, two chrome.exe processes are in memory, but chrome is not visible. One of these processes has to be killed, to run chrome.
For this one, did you try import the xml file of chromesupportedversion? And sometimes press the refresh button in the DLPDiag tool, it will try to get the process list correct.
thank you for your reply. We use device-control - not the whole DLP-Suite.
In the past, I searched for the possibility, to import the Chrome Supported Version.xml file,
but did not find the corresponding configuration in ePO - maybe it's only available in the "full" DLP version or
am I missing something?
Hey Parachute, I have the same issue. Did you fixed it? The DLP clients not update the policy too, just when I restart the machine. Even though update the policy the actions presents some issues like block a device without show the message or report a incident.
Even I'm facing this issue with DLP 18.104.22.1682, issues encountered are as below:
- DLP Management console navigation is very slow (this is on a new ePO server with high specs as we are considering migration)
- DLP diagnostic tool shows service status as disconnected
- Unable to backup converted DLP 11 rules from the console
Have opened a ticket with McAfee support with all the MER files and DLP diagnostic trace files.
This is really bad move from McAfee team.