2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 2, 2009 11:58 AM by NorieN

Can I delete instalation files in All Users subfolders?

Hi,

I'm currently administering a set of windows 2000 and 2003 servers, managed by an epolicy orchestrator server.

Some of the servers lack of free space in their system drive ( C: ) and I've found that recently (after a massive upgrade from Viruscan 8.0 to Viruscan 8.5 through a deployment from epo server) some folders have been created, consuming some valuable MB's, such as:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VIRUSCAN8600\Install\0000 --> It holds (apparently) install files for Viruscan 8.5i and patches (approx. 25 MB)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\EPOAGENT3000\Install\0409 --> It holds Framepkg.exe (approx. 3.700 KB)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSEMAS850000\Install\0000 --> It holds VSE85MAS.exe, installer for antispyware enterprise (260 KB).

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANENG1000\Engine\0000 --> 2 files in this folder: engmin.zip (seems to be the compressed file related to antivirus engine) and V2enginstall.mcs. All size approximately 2 MB.

The question is: Can I delete those files? (or any of them)

Thank you in advance.