4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 10:32 AM by kellerjd

Enterprise Size and Support Level

Hello I am wondering what the size of your enterprise is and the support level you are getting. I have about 11,000 agents checking in and Mcafee gold support previous consultants have suggested upgrading support however I'm wondering what real world admins are doing. In most cases gold support is fine but anytime anything small happens in an environment that is 11,00 clients large its a big deal.

Thanks,
      Seats
        • 1. RE: Enterprise Size and Support Level
          I asked for Platinum Support this year but it got cut in the budget process. Frankly, I think Tier 1 has gone drastically down hill the past 6 or 7 months. Right now, I have to spend about 20mins of listening to them find a KB Article I already have and then get Tier 2 on the line.

I've complained to my Rep about it.
          • 2. RE: Enterprise Size and Support Level

Sounds like were in the same boat. Frustration from the top about service, but not enough in the budget to go up on support. I've also reccomended platinum, however it seems like we are more likely to look at diffrent vendors than upgrade support. I've spent hours on the phone with very professional and friendly Tier 1, 2 support, but I'd much rather be able to call an issue in and have it handled in a timely manner than me running around trying things.

I really like the mcafee tool, but support is really lacking on enterprise gold support. It seems this is an administrator shared frustration.

Can anyone else chime in on this. Looking for documentation on people that have platinum.
            • 3. RE: Enterprise Size and Support Level

also you might want to get off 8.0 asap, we got bit by it because of a detection we had previously. The 8.0 version deleted the file and upon reboot the computers were useless we upgraded to 8.5 and had no issues. I am working on 8.7 right now.

Eric
              • 4. RE: Enterprise Size and Support Level
                I'm getting off 8.0 in next 3 months. That is next agency on my "Hit List" to migrate off their EPO box over to the Statewide Enterprise EPO setup. When that happens 8.0 goes away.