1 2 3 Previous Next 29 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2009 3:49 AM by redbaron51

Exception in ShStat.exe since Agent 4.5 - VSE870HF517265 released

As Agent 4.5 was released today, I decided to give it a go to a group of test systems. Several Windows XP SP3 Professional systems are now reporting an error at shutdown.

Symptoms:
      I shut down the computer (or choose restart). Sometimes, I get a message that the computer is waiting for a program to end (Statistics for on acces scanner), after that an error pops up, telling something like "The application failed to initialize" but disappears before I can fully read it. The system continues to shut down and one or two short beeps are heard over the speaker just after the error message disappeard. After that, the system shuts down as usual.

This is the error shown in the application log of the computer:

Event Type: Error
      Event Source: McLogEvent
      Event Category: None
      Event ID: 5059
      Date: 1-10-2009
      Time: 13:23:35
      User: N/A
      Computer: HVMTEST
      Description:
      Exception in ShStat.Exe
      Exception details follow :
      Crash address 0x7c801804
      Code 0xc0000005 Flags 0x00000000
      2 Parameters : 0x00000001 0x00000238
      Thread = MainWindow

We're running Epo 4.5 with the new McAfee Agent 4.5 and Virusscan 8.7p2. One of the test systems had a clean install yesterday, other test systems have been in use quite a bit longer. All systems have sufficient RAM (1GB+), other specs vary.

My own Windows 7 Ultimate workstation is not reporting this error.

Anyone have an idea what is causing this error and what I can do about it?

Edit:
      Solution found
      A hotfix for the problem can be found here:
      https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67118
        1 2 3 Previous Next