3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2017 10:48 AM by tkinkead

Start/stop epo server

gerba

I access epo via web browser and can do some tasks like deploying/updating point products with mu global admin account but I can't go to the backend. So my question is 

1 There is one super account on epo that i can't disable with my global admin account. Is this the only account used to do server related tasks ? the person left but i don't have a password for that. Any idea ?

1 What account is needed to access this file :  C:\programfiles\Mcafee\epolicy orchestrator\server ? Global admin is not enough ? i don't see epolicy orchestrator in the MacAfee on my c drive 

2. What account is required to restart epo server or the services on epo

Please answer my question. I asked same  question a week a go but no response 

• 1. Re: Start/stop epo server
          tkinkead

1 There is one super account on epo that i can't disable with my global admin account. Is this the only account used to do server related tasks ? the person left but i don't have a password for that. Any idea ?

Yes, there is a built-in admin account that cannot be disabled.  A simple Google search pulled back this link for resetting:  McAfee Corporate KB - How to reset a password in ePolicy Orchestrator 5.x KB60112

Server-related tasks can be done with any account that has appropriate permissions.

1 What account is needed to access this file :  C:\programfiles\Mcafee\epolicy orchestrator\server ? Global admin is not enough ? i don't see epolicy orchestrator in the MacAfee on my c drive

That looks like a directory, not a file.  Are you unable to access the directory?  If you want to find the install directory, look at one of the ePO services and see what the path is. 

2. What account is required to restart epo server or the services on epo

Any account that is a local administrator on the ePO server should have rights to restart services (unless you have some unusual configuration). 

• 2. Re: Start/stop epo server
            gerba

Thanks Tiknkea,

Yes its a directory with my current account I can see HIPS and other service directory but not ePO Orchestra tor or McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser

So my problem lack of  local admin privilege to epo server. I have global admin account can i create local admin on epo ?. To change the epo admin password  it needs Mcafee account number which i don't have it

a lot of people keep telling me that  that my global admin is enough to restart but when i followed the following steps 

1. Click Start, Run, type services.msc, and click OK.
            2. Right-click each of the following services and select Stop:
              McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Application Server
              McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Event Parser
              McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator Server

No success because  number one,  i don't see all the above  listed services in my services list

number two, the once i see are Framework,, Mcafee HIPS, Service controller and task manager.  when i right click on each one of them start/stop service is inactive or doesn't respond to click.  So if i don't get the password for that  admin (super admin account) i mentioned before  is there any work around to manage server related stuff ? BTW when put my uN and passwor, I can see the interface or front-end but server related no

• 3. Re: Start/stop epo server
              tkinkead

So my problem lack of  local admin privilege to epo server. I have global admin account can i create local admin on epo ?.

No, you cannot use ePO to create a local Windows admin on the ePO server. 

To change the epo admin password  it needs Mcafee account number which i don't have it

You'd better get it; you can't get support or new downloads without your Grant number.  If you don't know it, you could contact McAfee or contact your billing team to get it. 

No success because  number one,  i don't see all the above  listed services in my services list

Then ePO isn't installed on this server.

number two, the once i see are Framework,, Mcafee HIPS, Service controller and task manager

None of those are ePO services.  It sounds like you're working on a server that isn't the ePO server.