4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2009 6:33 AM by thedevil

Error trying to install DATALOSS2000

Hi,
      I'm trying to install Dataloss2000 extension on EPO 4 patch3.
      The error I recieve is:
      "Unable to install extension. java.lang.IllegalStateExcetion. A web app is already deployed at context /DATALOSS2000"
      DLP version: 2.2

I had to reinstall the EPO after my servers crashed. Maybe I recieve this message because I restored a database backup. How can I solve this?

Thank you for any help.
        • 1. RE: Error trying to install DATALOSS2000
          tonyb99
          this may help

Step 1
          - Delete the partially imported <Point Product> extension:

1. Log on to the ePO 4.0 Console.
          2. Click Configuration, Extensions.
          3. In the right pane under Managed Products, scroll down and select <Point Product>.
          4. In the right pane click Remove.
          5. In the right pane, bottom right corner, click OK. Wait for the following message to clear:
            About to remove extensions

Step 2 - Reload the extension again.

1. Enable the Internet Explorer Progress Bar by clicking View, Status Bar.
          2. Click Configuration, Extensions.
          3. At the bottom of the right pane, click Install Extension.
          4. Click Browse.
          5. Navigate to the folder containing the product extension.
            NOTE: See KB51511 for the location of software extensions (automatically installed or included with ePO 4.0 after installation).

6. Select the product file (the file must be with a .ZIP extension).
          7. Click Open then OK.
          8. Wait for the Install Extension window to display and then click OK to import.
          9. Watch the Internet Explorer Progress bar to complete and the Install Extension window to close.

The point product extension has successfully imported and the policies will be available for managing the product.

• 2. RE: Error trying to install DATALOSS2000
            The dataloss extension doesn't apear to be on the list. It means that I can't remove it.
            What should I do?
            • 3. RE: Error trying to install DATALOSS2000
              tonyb99
              look in the install location for epo, there is an extensions folder, is it in there?
              • 4. RE: Error trying to install DATALOSS2000
                The DATALOSS2000 extension isn't in there. When I'm trying to install the extension, I receive the message I posted before.