4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2009 7:06 AM by natebo

Mac EPO Software removal

I have removed McAfee's virus scan from my Mac running OS 10.5.8 but the EPO software remains and I cannot seem to get rid of it. I have tried the uninstall program and it does not get rid of it. Can anybody please point the way to rid myself of this software?

Moved to Corporate for better attention....MOD
        • 1. RE: Mac EPO Software removal
          If this is a corporate workstation and you are trying to remove the ePO agent I would recommend that you contact your companies support group. There is a reason the ePO agent is installed to corporate workstations :)

Now, if this is not a cororate workstations the removal depends on the version of the ePO agent. Would you happen to know what version?
          • 2. RE: Mac EPO Software removal
            I do not know what version I was using. All I know is that I tried your software on a trial basis.
            • 3. RE: Mac EPO Software removal
              Let assume you have the version that comes with Security for Mac 9.0.

To uninstall the ePO agent there should be an uninstall script found in the following path:

/Library/McAfee/cma/

Run the script uninstall.sh, this should uninstall the ePO agent.

If you do not have this file/path then we will assume you have the version that comes with VirusScan 8.6.x which you can uninstall the ePO agent agent with a script in the following path:

/Library/NETAepoagt

Run the script cmduninst

If you don't have any of these then, I am out of ideas... At that point, I would search for anything McAfee or VirusScan and delete it (that is if you are not using anything else from McAfee).

**In your last message you said that you tried 'your' software - so you are aware, I have no relationship to the McAfee corporation, I am a user of the software just as you are wink
              • 4. RE: Mac EPO Software removal
                Let assume you have the version that comes with Security for Mac 9.0 (or 1.0... Whatever they are calling it...).

To uninstall the ePO agent there should be an uninstall script found in the following path:

/Library/McAfee/cma/

Run the script uninstall.sh, this should uninstall the ePO agent.

If you do not have this file/path then we will assume you have the version that comes with VirusScan 8.6.x which you can uninstall the ePO agent with a script in the following path:

/Library/NETAepoagt

Run the script cmduninst

If you don't have any of these then, I am out of ideas... At that point, I would search for anything McAfee or VirusScan and delete it (that is if you are not using anything else from McAfee).

**In your last message you said that you tried 'your' software - so you are aware, I have no relationship to the McAfee corporation, I am a user of the software just as you are ;)

Regards,
                Nate