9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 7:58 AM by tonyb99

    ePO 4.5 Upgrade?

      Hi Guys,

      Hope you can help us out with this one. Currently running ePO 4 Patch 3. Am looking to go to 4.5.

      Would you suggest an upgrade or clean install? Would I be able to format the existing epo server, install 4.5 and sent out the new agents? Or would it have to be on new hardware?

      Also may even consider virtualizing.

      Ideas, experiences would be very helpful.

      Cheers happy
        • 1. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
          We run EPO on a Windows 2003 Hyper-V VM on a W2K8 server. We upgraded from EPO 4.0 P3 to EPO 4.5 without any problems. The only thing we had to do is recreate our Email notifications. Everything else came across perfectly.
          • 2. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
            Cheers muchly for your prompt response, will try an upgrade, going to backup db, tasks and notifications just in case happy
            • 3. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
              Am going to update from 4.0 patch 2 to 4.5, also going to update agents from to 4. Can I just install the latest agent (4.0.0 patch 2) or do I have to go 4.0.0, then patch.

              Also currently using VSE 8.5.0i, is this compatible with ePO 4.5? I plan to upgrade VSE to 8.7, but want to get ePO done first.

              Thanks in advance happy
              • 4. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
                Here is a list of supported products https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB66144 Mcafee 8.5 is on there. I beleive you have to download agent 4.0 then apply the hotfixes. Hopefully Agent 4.5 is out in the next week or so and you can just go to it.
                • 5. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
                  Looks like I'm going to have to update the Agent to 4 (still on 3.xx) then upgrade ePO to 4.5 then upgrade virusscan. May wait for Agent 4.5, depends if ePO 4.0 is compatible :eek:
                  • 6. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
                    I have also been pondering the best way to upgrade to EPO 4.5 from EPO 3.6.1. All our agents are I understand that McAfee is about to release a new EPO agent 4.0 that will support Windows 7.

                    I might wait for that new agent (Agent 4.0 Patch 3) and deploy it from EPO 3.6.1 as we might not be able to upgrade to 4.5 until after when Windows 7 is released. I am trying to make sure that I am able to support Windows 7 under EPO. We will probadly upgrade to EPO 4.5 later in the year when the first patch is released. That is looking like sometime in Nov/Dec which is past when Windows 7 is released.
                    • 7. RE: ePO 4.5 Upgrade?
                      Thats also my pathway Twenden, just stuck waiting for that new agent (which should hopefully support overinstalls /forceinstall while resetting GUID like the does)
                      • 8. ePO 4.0 to ePO 4.5
                        Hi i am planning to upgrade my ePO server from ePO 4.0 to ePO 4.5. Can anyone help.

                        * Backup before upgrading?
                        * Points to be considered before upgrading?
                        * Supported Agents?
                        Please help.

                        Thanks in Advance.
                        Bharat Gautam:)
                        • 9. RE: ePO 4.0 to ePO 4.5
                          well whats the point.......

                          just wait for the 4.5 agent to be released then see what issues there are with it, there is nothing to justify upgrading from 4.0 to 4.5 until its proved stable and as there isnt even a basic released agent ( apart from the beta) im suprised you are even contemplating it.

                          and yes of course you back up all (dont forget those keys)

                          and just follow the upgrade schedule specified in the KB and readme's