3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2010 2:58 AM by patrickehf

Tray Icon - wrong language

Hello,

we want to roll-out McAfee completely in English even we have different MUI- Installation for different countries. The Agent and Virus-Scan itseld is already english but in the Tray the Try-Icon menu stays in configured language of the system. How can we force that to be english too?

Thanks for your help!

BR,
      Hannes
        • 1. Re: Tray Icon - wrong language

Hi Hannes,

Did you ever get this resolved? We are facing the exact same problem. Very frustrating....

Kind Regards,

Patrick

• 2. Re: Tray Icon - wrong language

We had a simmilar issue, but not only with the Tray Icon, but also with the logfiles. This is what I got from support this week.Still need to test it though, maybe it can help you.

----------

Preferred Language

Install Language = OS Language unless specified via MID.

UI, Alert and Log language: MID and ePO set Preferred Language in HKLM.

Client UI sets Preferred Language in HKCU.

When the Preferred Language setting is Automatic (HKCU and/or HKLM), it will use the next preferred language.

When a process is running as System (e.g. OAS (including Buffer Overflow and Access Protection), and scheduled Scan), the order of preferred language is:

1) HKLM

2) OS language

When a process is running as User (e.g. Console, unscheduled ODS, right-click Scan, and E-mail Scan), the order of preferred language is:

1) HKCU

2) HKLM

3) User language (Language set via Regional Setting).

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\McAfee\VSCore

And

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\McAfee\VSCore

----------

• 3. Re: Tray Icon - wrong language

Thank you very much! I will test it out today.

We used a rather ugly workaroud: We replaced the 0413 mctrayres.dll with the 0409 one. I'd rather use the registry to solve this so I hope the solution you got from McAfee support works.

Kind regards,

Patrick