5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 4:15 AM by davei

"The McAfee Client Proxy ePO Extension is still doing some background work"

kbolt

mcp policy creation fail.JPG

I've been experiencing this page every time I try to create a new McAfee Client Proxy policy inside EPO. Why does this happen? The 10 second time period is a lie here because I've tried to refresh the page for much longer and still, no dice.

• 1. Re: "The McAfee Client Proxy ePO Extension is still doing some background work"
          tonyw

Are you a global admin in EPO?  If not, do you have the appropriate rights on the Common Catalog?

• 2. Re: "The McAfee Client Proxy ePO Extension is still doing some background work"
            kbolt

I am an admin, I'm not sure if it's global or otherwise. "Manually assigned permission sets: User is an administrator." is what I see in Users for my account. How would I check for these rights? I've been able to create MCP policies before.

• 3. Re: "The McAfee Client Proxy ePO Extension is still doing some background work"
              slizka

Hi,

Were you able to find the issue? I'm now fighting the same stuff... :-(

• 4. Re: "The McAfee Client Proxy ePO Extension is still doing some background work"
                aloksard

Hi,

It looks to be an known issue.Request you to let me know EPO and MCP version.

The issue you are facing can occur if the ePO Pending Orion Events task, which is an internal hidden task built into ePO, stops running automatically. This task should run on a regular, frequent basis, and is responsible for processing internal actions. It is used in this situation to process actions initiated by the MCP extension.

If you run the following SQL query against the ePO database, you can see the last time the task ran:

SELECT LastRunTime from OrionSchedulerTaskMT where UniqueKey = 'EPOPendingOrionEventsTask'

The date displayed should be within a minute or two of the current time.

NOTE: The time is displayed in GMT.

Additionally, if you refresh this query after a few minutes, you should see that the time changes. 

If the LastRunTime on this task is old and is not being updated even though the ePO server is up and running, the solution listed below causes the task to start running on a regular basis.

NOTE:- You must back up your ePO server Before executing below solution.

If you have verified that the LastRunTime on the EPO Pending Orion Events task is not current and is not changing on a regular basis, use the following steps to disable and re-enable this task.

1. Verify the ePO Application Server service is running.
                2. Run an SQL query on the ePO database to determine the task ID for the ePO Pending Orion Events task:

SELECT Id from OrionSchedulerTaskMT where UniqueKey = 'EPOPendingOrionEventsTask'
                3. Open a web browser on the ePO server.
                4. Use the task ID number identified from the previous SQL query in place of <TASK_ID> in the following API commands:

IMPORTANT: Remote API commands are case-sensitive.
                  1. Disable the task:
                    https://<EPO_SERVER_NAME>:<PORT>/remote/scheduler.updateServerTask?taskId=<TASK_ID>&status=disabled&isHidden=true

Example (assuming an ePO server name of 'Server', an ePO console  port of '8443', and a task ID of '5'):

https://server:8443/remote/scheduler.updateServerTask?taskId=5&status=disabled&isHidden=true
                  2. Re-enable the task:
                    https://<EPO_SERVER_NAME>:<PORT>/remote/scheduler.updateServerTask?taskId=<TASK_ID>&status=enabled&isHidden=true

Example (assuming an ePO server name of 'Server', an ePO console  port of '8443', and a task ID of '5'):

https://server:8443/remote/scheduler.updateServerTask?taskId=5&status=enabled&isHidden=true

The ePO Pending Orion Events task now runs on a regular basis.

Regards

Alok Sarda

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: "The McAfee Client Proxy ePO Extension is still doing some background work"
                  davei

Thank you Alok that resolved the problem for me.  New MCP policies now available to configure.

Many thanks.