McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5.1 Hotfix 2 has been removed from our download sites. Please remove this hotfix from your deployment repositories. McAfee will repost this release as soon as possible.
Yes removal during this night but with last removal (agent hotifx) we knew the reason but in this cas not. i used it yet on some computers where the HF2 really correct a bug so i need to know if i need to wipe ENS from these desktop and reinstall all.
sometime a removal is due to a specific problem that can't impact you. Perhaps i could let it like till the new release.. this information (the reason) is clearly missing
This task is being performed from our background servers.
You can Subscribe to the link McAfee SNS Subscription Center so that information about the new release or any removal will be notified to the subscribers.
ok i found the information. not a bug on the content itself but more on the mecanism used.
- After installation of ENS 10.5.1 Hotfix 2, the AMCore content version is reported as .5. After the hotfix installation, a content update will run and download new content.
- If the ENS 10.5 Patch 1 package and the ENS 10.5.1 Hotfix 2 package are in the same branch of the Master Repository, the Patch 1 package is downloaded to the end node at each McAfee Agent agent-to-server communication interval (ASCI).
Ensure the repository that your systems update from has AMCore content higher than 2900. The McAfee CommonUpdater site has had a higher content version since June 6, 2017. You can check the local AMCore content version from inside the ENS console by clicking on the down arrow and selecting About.
The About box in the ENS console will not dynamically change to show the updated content. Close the About box and open it again after the content update to see the AMCore content version.
To keep Patch 1 or Hotfix 2 from being installed or downloaded, configure the ENS Common policy to only download security content under the "What to update" option.
To keep Patch 1 from being downloaded, you need to move the packages in the Master Repository:
- 1. Delete Patch 1 and Hotfix 2 from the same branch of the Master Repository.
- 2. Perform an ePolicy Orchestrator replication task to distributed repositories.
- 3. Check in Patch 1 to the current branch of the Master Repository.
- 4. Check in Hotfix 2 to the previous branch of the Master Repository.
- 5. Configure the McAfee Agent policy to point to the repository branch of the hotfix or the patch during update tasks.
McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5.1 Hotfix 2 was removed yesterday and it was available until Saturday as far as I am aware of.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
McAfee ENS 10.5.1 Hotfix 2 is now resposted.McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5.1 Hotfix 2 is now available.
For a full list of changes, see the Release Notes in PD27121:https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD27121
It is mandatory to have AMcore content version 3004.0 (released on June 7th) or higher in the ePO repositories before installing HF2. HF2 will upgrade the AMCore version to 22.214.171.12400.7 which requires the latest content: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89510
Do not check in HF2 or HF1 into the same branch of the ePO master repository as ENS 10.5 patch 1 MSP package KB89469: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89469
Ensure verification of installation and preferably reboot. For version reporting info see KB89399:https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB89399
HF2 only applies to ENS 10.5.1 RTW or 10.5.1 RTW + HF1.
To download McAfee Endpoint Security 10.5.1 Hotfix 2, go to the Product Downloads site at:http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx.
For a list of Known Issues, see KB82450: https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82450.
so to resume, they have reuploaded the 5 hotfixes without changing nothing, just with workaround referenced initially by the community
it will ease the test procedure as it is not a new version.
Yes exactly. I believe this should resolve the current issues.