We replaced our ePO 4.0 patch 4 server with an ePO 4.5 server. Same IP, different name, new database. The first thing was to sync the system tree with AD and then we pushed out agents, all of these machines currently were running agent 3.6 build 603 with VirusScan 8.5i, due to issues with attempting a database migration and McAfee saying the host names needed to match up we were instead going to overwrite the existing agents rather than carry over the old keys.
Thing is while we successfully took over the servers, all are reporting back, the client deployments fail after five minutes reporting every deployment as "expired". Thinking perhaps the deployment method had changed and something in Windows Firewall was stopping this deployment from working where previously it had worked fine I disabled the Firewall on a test machine and gave the deployment a try. No joy, same timeout.
As it's not the firewall and both workstations and firewalls ran the same agent and anti-virus software I'm at a bit of a loss as to why one is timing out and the other isn't. We're deploying using a domain admin account.
I want to try and find more through the logs, but as the Server Task Log gives almost no information I'm hoping that somewhere there is something a little bit more verbose about at which point the process timesout so I can get an idea of what's going wrong.