1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 26, 2008 3:39 PM by sandy223

Safeboot and booting from floppy

I am trying to boot from a floppy on safeboot but it's not even trying to read the floppy. I am running Safeboot on a Dell 630 and used the floppy as an usb device as well as the modular bay and still does not work. I have checked the options in safeboot and it is set for floppy. Any ideas ? Thanks,
        • 1. Safeboot and booting from floppy
          Boot your computer (with either Floppy or CDROM) using a program called NTFS4DOS
          - NTFS4DOS will mount the c:\ drive that contains boot.ini
          - You will have to edit this file to remove the "/safeboot:minimal" from the boot.ini file
          - The trick is that the EDIT command for DOS does not come with NTFS4DOS
          - So you have to find it. In my case, the edit command was in c:\windows\system32
          - The exact command I used to edit was --> c:\windows\system32\edit c:\boot.ini
          - The DOS edit command is a simple editor. Use the ALT key to get to the menus
          - In edit, remove "/safeboot:minimal" from the last line, keep everything else the same
          - Save the file and then exit (I think turning off computer is also OK)
          - Then reboot

------------------------
          sandy romeo

WORD OF MOUTH MARKETING