9 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 2:50 AM by Alexandergx

ePO 4.0 running very slow

I have just installed ePO 4.0 Patch 5 on an ESX 3.5 Update 4 Virtual Environment. The SQL Database is situated on another virtual server. Basically i am having severe slowness/lag with the ePO interface, to a point where it is completely unmanagable. It takes 5 minutes > from logging into the ePO console to actually loading the dashboard interface.

I have spoken with the guys who manage the Virtual environment, and they have stated that both the ePO server, and the SQL server are performing well within their limits. I have noticed that when any ePO action is taking place, such as moving between menus (which also takes an age) then the CPU useage jumps to 25%, this is with 4 processors assigned to the server. I must also point out that the server at the moment isnt even performing any kind of function, and there are no tasks set, nor clients reporting in. It is a fresh out of the box build.

There is definately some kind of bottleneck between the ePO server, and the database that is slowing this down. Has anybody got any tips / suggestions on how to troubleshoot, or fix this?

Thanks