4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2009 5:52 PM by ronw44

EPO 4.0 cannot roll out patch1 for Virusscan 8.7i

I cannot seem to rollout Patch1 for virusscan 8.7i I have checked it into EPO complete with the extensions etc but it will not update my clients. I have logged a service request but are having difficulty getting problem solved. They suggested removing the client GUID from registry but that does nothing. I am wondering that as it seems to have same name/version as the previous package maybe ePO will never roll it out as it things the clients have the correct package. has anyone successfully deployed Patch 1 with ePO and if so how did you get it to work
        • 1. RE: EPO 4.0 cannot roll out patch1 for Virusscan 8.7i
          We ran into this on quite a few boxes that had been upgraded from VirusScan 8.0 or 8.5 to 8.7. The clients seemed to be identifying themselves as 8.5 as far as ePO was concerned.

We ended up uninstalling VirusScan and then installing the reposted VirsuScan with patch 1 integrated.
          • 2. EPO 4.0 cannot roll out patch1 for Virusscan 8.7i
            Wow that would be quite a feat with the number of clients I have. Did you do the uninstall via ePO or manually. If I used ePO I would be worried about the time that clients were not protected with A/V
            • 3. RE: EPO 4.0 cannot roll out patch1 for Virusscan 8.7i
              We utilize SCCM in our environment. I created a package to uninstall the problem instance of VirusScan that would not pull the patch and then had it install the updated version. We only had around 120 or so boxes that had this issue. Out of those, only 8 failed due to the end users leaving their boxes logged in with a variety of apps open over night. These I fixed by hand.

This is the .BAT I utilized to be certain I was contending with only VirusScan 8.7:
              rem VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i
              msiexec.exe /x {5DF3D1BB-894E-4DCD-8275-159AC9829B43} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q
              rem pause

rem rem VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i
              msiexec.exe /x {35C03C04-3F1F-42C2-A989-A757EE691F65} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q
              rem pause

rem VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
              msiexec /x {147BCE03-C0F1-4C9F-8157-6A89B6D2D973} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q

Might be able to script something if you don't have a tool similar to SCCM at your disposal.
              • 4. 4.0 cannot roll out patch1 for Virusscan 8.7i
                Thanks will investigate further