1 2 Previous Next 13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 4, 2017 4:09 PM by ncolter

DXL fabric

creese40

The Orion logs are full of entries like this:No chosen computer connected to the DXL fabric.

• 1. Re: DXL fabric
          ncolter

This is usually an indication that a product is attempting to send a McAfee Agent wakeup call via DXL, but is failing to find any installed clients.

Do you have a working DXL fabric set up and running?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: DXL fabric
            creese40

I have since upgraded to DXL 3.1 all issues are gone.

• 3. Re: DXL fabric
              woody188

I'm seeing this too all the time:

2017-08-01 11:36:37,806 WARN  [pool-1-thread-44] command.AbstractAgentCommand  - No chosen computer connected to the DXL fabric.

2017-08-01 11:38:21,113 WARN  [pool-1-thread-16] command.AbstractAgentCommand  - No chosen computer connected to the DXL fabric.

2017-08-01 11:38:21,144 WARN  [pool-1-thread-7] command.AbstractAgentCommand  - No chosen computer connected to the DXL fabric.

When ePO runs the scheduled task, UpdateDXLClientCustomProps, it times out

com.mcafee.orion.core.cmd.CommandException: Timeout waiting for response to message: {a252ecf3-2624-46c4-8320-f80e4e17e04c}

Eventually ePO becomes unresponsive and the ePO services have to be restarted. McAfee support had me focus on updating all my DXL brokers but I'm worried ePO may have a corrupt config file per KB86303. Only problem is we are already on DXL 3.1. So far no one from support has focused on a possible corruption in the config file. I can't seem to find the DXL_property.config file, not sure where it is located.

I logged on to the database and ran:

select * from EPOPolicySettingValuesMT

where PolicySettingsID IN

(

select PolicySettingsID from EPOPolicySettingsMT

where TYPEID IN 

(

select TypeID from EPOPolicyTypes

where FeatureTextID = 'DXLCLNT_META'

)

AND Name LIKE '%My Default%'

)

Looks like my brokers are listed. Both my master and slave TIE servers are present. Everything says DXL is connected properly.

• 4. Re: DXL fabric
                creese40

Support was no help on this for me.

• 5. Re: DXL fabric
                  ncolter

You state that your brokers are running and connected to the DXL fabric... How about the DXL clients on your network? Are they successfully connected to DXL?

The UpdateDXLClientCustomProps task timing out may or may not be connected to this issue. It can also occur in situations such as trying to run it on too many clients at once (several thousand, etc.).

As for the DXL_property.config file, that only exists for C++ clients. The DXL client in ePO is inside of an extension and does not have a config file.

• 6. Re: DXL fabric
                    woody188

Yes, I have just over 5000 clients connected. Set in motion our change process to bring them all up to 3.1.0.599 from 3.1.0.580 and 3.1.0.592. With two brokers we can supposedly handle up to 100,000 clients.

TwoBrokers.PNG

I only mentioned the DXL_property.config file because KB86303 mentions it, but that was from a few versions ago. Maybe back then it was a C++ client?

Guess I'll have to wait for September for all my clients to be updated to see if this is even the correct path to take. Our change process is horribly slow.

• 7. Re: DXL fabric
                      creese40

I have about 60,000 in my environment.

• 8. Re: DXL fabric
                        woody188

We did the two brokers in separate datacenters for redundancy. I'm managing just over 7000 total but our servers are not on ENS/DXL just yet, just the workstations. 60,000 sounds like fun. You could start your own botnet.

• 9. Re: DXL fabric
                          creese40

We are using ENS 10.5.1.  Having and issue with Windows 7 embedded systems.  ENS not reporting back to ePO so services are not enabled.  I have mention this to McAfee.  I found a work around when i killed the mfemms service it works. I have let McAfee know of this waiting on them to create a fix.

1 2 Previous Next