1 2 Previous Next 11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 5:50 AM by tonyb99

    Engine update failing on clients

      Hi everyone,

      I am trying to push out the 5301.4018 engine to clients who are currently running the 5300.2777 engine using EPO. Unfortunately it is not working.

      Server:
      EPO v4.0 Patch 4

      Clients:
      Windows Vista Business SP1
      McAfee Agent v4.0.0.1421
      VirusScan v8.5i Patch 8 + HF458640 + HF472021

      Method used to attempt to push engine update: EPO Client Task - Update (McAfee Agent) - Engine Update.

      Problem:
      McAfee Agent log reports...
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:01 PM Info Updater Checking update packages from repository REPNAME Repository.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:01 PM Info Updater Initializing update...
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:01 PM Info Updater Verifying catalog.z.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:01 PM Info Updater Extracting catalog.z.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:01 PM Info Updater Loading update configuration from: catalog.xml
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:02 PM Info Updater These updates will be applied if they are in the repository: Engine, DAT.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:02 PM Info Updater Downloading PkgCatalog.z.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:02 PM Info Updater Verifying PkgCatalog.z.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:02 PM Info Updater Extracting PkgCatalog.z.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:02 PM Info Updater Loading update configuration from: PkgCatalog.xml
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:03 PM Info Updater Verifying V2engdet.mcs.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:03 PM Info Updater Downloading V2engdet.mcs.
      Thursday, 16 July 2009 12:05:05 PM Info Updater Error occurred while downloading C:\ProgramData\McAfee\Common Framework\Current\VSCANENG1000\PkgCatalog.z.

      Strangely is works on about 20% of the clients but not on the other 80%. All built from same SOE.

      Any suggestions on how to diagnose or fix? Thank you happy
        1 2 Previous Next