3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 8:30 AM by m.taylor

SafeBoot e0050048

Recently started getting SafeBoot error e0050048 "Client data store attribute corrupt" on a couple devices. This is when it's trying to update users and Hashes from the server. Anyone run into this? It looks like the last successful user sync was cut off in mid process, possibly by a reboot.
        • 1. RE: SafeBoot e0050048
          HenryC
          Hi
          I have some of these... the only way that I know of... you need to create a new token for the machine.. to do so... first you need to set your "boot protection" to disable under machine properties... this will decrypt your drive.. after full decrypted.. set it back to "Enable"... this will create a new machine token and client database file will be re-created...

I suspect the client database file on the server was corrupt...
          • 2. RE: SafeBoot e0050048
            Dvanmeter
            what you want to do is a emergency boot, which will force the system to rebuild its database. do this with the code of the day and the boot disk. You may also want to restart the safeboot service on the server, it having some issues with hunf up computers caused these problems for us.
            • 3. RE: SafeBoot e0050048
              Thanks for the great responses. Since the machine was remote I ended up setting the machine to remove safeboot and force synced. Sounds like the emergency boot would have been quicker if I had physical access to the machine, good to know in the future.